<VV> a very happy corvair mechanic

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 23:27:28 EDT 2008

Hey guys,
Well, I just came back in from the garage, and I owe many of you a great deal of gratitude and sincere thanks. My latest purchase, the 1969 Corvair monza covertible (110/pg) is now working! She runs!
After tightening down the flex plate bolts, rehabbing the gas tank, and rebuilding a carburetor and a bunch of other misc parts, she fired right up. Although, a little ruffled she sounds and runs tight. I think she'll need some fresh oil and a filter, and maybe some kind of tune up, but for now, a running car!
Only one thing seemed dubious, is that I started it without the air cleaner on and the crankcase breather tube and a steady flow of smoke coming out of it, is that normal?
I could not have done this without your help, I am very grateful.
Chris Mann aka cfm