<VV> Timing Light

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue May 20 18:34:19 EDT 2008

Smitty says :  My Corvair timing lights (I have two) are the inductive pickup type Both of them have had the pickups dropped with the expected result.  Both have been checked out on line for parts availability and both have been identified as "too old for them to carry the parts".  Question is, what is the pickup loop made of.  Is it carbon as electric motor brushes are made of or is it some kind of compressed iron?  I would be perfectly happy to file out new pickup parts if I know what to make them of.