<VV> Working on the 64 sedan

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed May 21 00:13:40 EDT 2008

Hey Guys and Gals,
Now that classes are over (BTW, I racked up another 4.0 GPA this semester!)
and the weather was nice, I decided to take the 64 700 up to the neighbor's
garage (he's a half mile away, and he's a retired Ft Knox civilian) where he's
got a lift...
I replaced the rear diff seals (both were original GM leather seals) and
filled the diff to the correct level, hooked up the heater cables, adjusted the
rear brakes, replaced a bad exhaust gasket (but I'm gonna need a full exhaust
soon... I'll make due, for now), replaced some leaky fuel hose (dry rotted)
and  tried to get the fuel sender to work... the ground wire fell
of/broke/something,  and it's never worked since I've had the car... while I was under it I
checked  the ball joints, tie rods and such, and I noticed the inside right
front tire  was shiny... then imagine my horror to find the brake hose rubbing
when I make a  left turn!
I'll have one on order this week.... until then I'll be driving the Jetta
diesel (IF I go anywhere)....
So what I'm saying guys (and gals) is get out there and check stuff BEFORE
it breaks/snaps/spews/explodes.... I don't know what made me look at that,
since  everything else was working fine...
Just something to think about...
Be good, and be SAFE!
Lonzo

Lon  Anderson