<VV> Astro Cammer Motor Dreams

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu May 22 11:34:47 EDT 2008

Also, as I remember, the removal of the cam from under the crank also
removes one of the major problems the engineers had in designing the
Corvair drivetrain in the first place. It would allow a lower crank and/or
deeper oil pan because of ground clearance.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone came up with *just* a triple in-line
cooling fan arrangement for standard Corvair engines, ala the Astro/cam
engine. I know there has been a single-fan arrangement for racers, but the
fan height is prohibitive, IMHO.

-Mark

maybe even more of a hemi head.
> Since the belts no longer had to twist we could have 150 amp alternators
driving all the "must have" modern electrics.