<VV> Astro Cammer Motor Dreams

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 11:47:13 EDT 2008

Couldn't agree with you more.  There was an interesting article in my most recent Popular Science about a guy out west using multiple multi-vane windmills to generate wind power mounted in line, along a flexible shaft, generating more power with less mass than the big 3 vaned windmills.  Will the opposite not work?  I will work on it... when I have the unlimited time/money.  ROFLBarryE in SC> Subject: Re: <VV> Astro Cammer Motor Dreams> > Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone came up with *just* a triple in-line> cooling fan arrangement for standard Corvair engines, ala the Astro/cam> engine. I know there has been a single-fan arrangement for racers, but the> fan height is prohibitive, IMHO.> > -Mark> > > > [Original Message]> > Subject: <VV> Astro Cammer Motor Dreams> >> > As long as we are dreaming:> > I think the OHC configuration would have allowed a longer stroke and> maybe even more of a hemi head.> > Since the belts no longer had to twist we could have 150 amp alternators> driving all the "must have" modern electrics.> > Ed> >> > _______________________________________________> This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are the property> of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mailto:vv-help at corvair.org> This list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, http://www.corvair.org/> Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org> Change your options: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs > _______________________________________________