<VV> Corvair Brakes

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 11:13:50 EDT 2008

                                         B"H

Mark: I remember that.  The reels were introduced on
domestic cars for the 1974 model year.  Most hardtops
lost the flow of the window design with the shoulder
belts hanging down or suspended from the headliner of
the car, but Mercedes' solution was more elegant for
their hardtops...the retractor for the shoulder belt
is located behind the drivers' seat on the rear sill.

Chrysler, Caddy, and some other makes have the
shoulder belt coming out of the seat back, even more
neat, for their convertibles.