<VV> Corvair overhead cam engine

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri May 23 11:51:06 EDT 2008

You're also dealing with several decades of engineering advancement and
knowledge. Remember that the Astro engine was a product of the '60's.

-Mark

their other engines use one belt, the present generation 6 cylinder being
chain driven. The 4 valve engines use idlers to get lots of belt wrap, and
the present change interval is over 100K miles. And there's LOTS of idlers,
etc., on the present Subaru engines, two either side of the crank sprocket,
giving 180º of wrap, and an S wrap around the oil pump, etc. One belt is
by FAR the more common practice.