<VV> SHIFTER FORK

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon May 26 22:26:16 EDT 2008

    From: "John Bittner"
Folks
How do I manage to get the yoke off the end of the shifter rod to replace the end bushings? I have slammed and banged and sprayed with penetraring oil with no success. I would like to rebuild the original one. It has the cast end rather than the welded one. Also, where can I find the procedure for shimming the shifter if I replace the whole rod assembly
  Smitty Says:  Twisting won't help.  It is keyed to slide straight back.  Remove the clamp completely.  Wet it down well with your favorite rust buster.  It may help to put a screwdriver in the slot and twist it(with a wrench if necessary) to open the slot and let the rust buster in.  Then start beating again.