<VV> EM vent window removal

Robert Hawley iamrgh at charter.net
Tue May 27 02:56:27 EDT 2008

I redid my 1963 conv vent window rubber gaskets last year: since the lower half of the vent window assembly includes the front track for the window, I would imagine you would have a heck of a time getting the vent out without removing the window since it takes a lot of "jimmying" to get the vent in and out.  Window removal is not that difficult with enough PB Blaster) and it is easier to get the window out if the fuzzies are also out of the car.  And remember to mark the number of threads exposed and position of the vent window adjustment screw - I didn't and had quite a time getting the window to fit against the windshield vertical seal.  HTH, but it may be different for a framed window.

Bob Hawley, 1963 Spyder conv