<VV> 10% Ethanol Fuel

Joe Robbins robbins at monticello.net
Tue May 27 23:09:41 EDT 2008

Here in Central IL we've had 10% for many years, like the late 70's even I
think is when it started but it's been at most pumps for several years and
normally cheaper than regular. E-85 is creeping up here and there, I wish my
summer vacation route was lined with stations that carry it to ease my trip
costs.<ggg> Don't give me the line about losing 30% in fuel economy, when
you get 12.6 and it drops to 12.2 what the heck, for a buck a gallon less I
can take the hit!! Last week I bought E-85 that was $1.05 cheaper than
regular, we were one of the first states to be blessed with prices over
$4.00, holding steady at $4.09 for regular and E-85 is up to $3.19 at one
location, I suspect my local source will be a tad cheaper.

Joe Robbins