<VV> Getting ready

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Fri May 30 22:44:52 EDT 2008

It sure is hard to get ready? for the Convention sometimes. The towing prices have forced us into plan"B" mode, which is taking Sharon's Buick Rendezvous and a single axle open trailer. The only car which will fit on this trailer is the 64 "Roadster". Even so I had to extend? the trailer? some because the Roadster is 95" wheelbase( a true Corvair wheelbase) and the trailer was made for the 80" Fiat special.
?? The trailer has been used for rough utility puropses and looks it. I paid the Grandkids to come over and repaint it this morning.
?? I couldn't paint it myself because the Roadster has a?very recently (last week) broken 94 mm piston and split cylinder, which requires a complete teardown. Tear downs are tough on mid engine Roots blown cars.
Plan "C" is to take the Stinger , truck, and enclossed trailer and just pay for the fextra fuel.
?? Scott (older son) ?removed the Stinger engine/drive train?recently so that I could replace the autocross specific gear box with a Yenko close unit. Hopefully? the drive train will get installed soon.
??? Scott's plan is to drive the Stinger at the Corvair Olympics track event against the? famous hot shoes (like David Clemens and Michael,Coffin, Carlton, etc. ) who we all look forward to seeing.?
? I may drive it also if the Roadster doesn't hold up.
???I spent the winter?adapting the roadster to "Track" conditions; larger brakes, larger fuel cell,? mirrrors, arm restraints, less boost and less compression. I had to add ballast anyway just to meet SCCA's ever changing EM rules.?
?? Plus Sharon's car also needed some not so routine maintenance.
??? Not going to the Convention is NOT an option, Sharon insists on going--must be the quilting thing. How many have that incentive--wife pushing you to go?
???
Any one else have any last minute plans/changes?

Warren