<VV> [fastvair] Getting ready

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat May 31 10:42:53 EDT 2008

My plans to attend the "Olympics" have not changed but, my employment may change. In my line of work it is the season of "The Old Guy" as it were. When the pipe design business was down and a lot of old guys retired, quit or died there were no young guns being trained or coming up in the biz so now there is a severe shortage of experienced, qualified technical people. As a result the hourly rate, per diem and incentives have gone thru the roof. I really do not want to go back on the road as a contract employee but, the money thing is too good to pass up especially at my age. I may never have the opportunity to "hit the jackpot" again. Putting money in the ol IRA is good but I will invest in some Corvair goodies that were previously out of range.

As for the Corvair events, I am competition for no one except maybe in the BS class! The NECC deal in Indy IS our convention this year.
--
Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com