<VV> Virtual Vairs - presentation and tone...

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat May 31 16:52:31 EDT 2008

I've not said much lately. Much too busy working at Steele Rubber, running
my Marine Corps League detachment, and supervising 5 others as a District
Vice Commandant for North Carolina.

I must also admit I've not read many of the threads for the same reason in
the last year or so.

But I'd like to echo Brian's sentiment.

If YOU don't like what you read here, YOU are in a position to step up and
do something.

You've been invited to join Vairorg.  Take Brian and the bunch up on the
offer.  If you don't, don't complain.

I have noticed very little to anything from Garth.  When Dennis and I were
Chairman, we were more hands on in putting the zap to threads that appeared
to get out of line, Vendor Wars and too many advertisements on the list.  No
critique of Garth, perhaps hands off is more his style, that is if Garth is
still Chairman. That's how much attention I'VE been paying lately.

 You DO have the option of e-mailing Vairorg and/or the Chairman if you feel
something is out of line.

The Navy and Marine Corps discussion boards on the togetherweserved.com
websites have member imposed supervision by administrators.  they have the
Red X.   If you think a thread is against the rules of engagement (ROE), you
hit the red x and an e-mail is sent to an administrator.  If the
adminstrator thinks enough is enough, the thread is "Locked" and no more
violated the ROE by responding like a "libelous hate-filled tool", for
example---your posting/commenting priviliges are suspended for 3-10 days,
depending on the severity.

Of course all these boards are occupied by active duty, reserve, retired and
veteran Marines and Sailors, so things can get a bit "Salty"---but when
enough is enough the hammer gets dropped.

IMO having a place on CORSA's website where new owners (READ: POTENTIAL NEW
MEMBERS) can come and ask some questions and get some answers from
experienced people is a real necessary part of the outreach the club should
have, especially in the current trend of dwindling member count.

Once again, the ball is in the court of the members.  Don't like the tone?
Let Vairorg know.  They won't fix what people aren't complaining about.
Feel like you'd like to lend some of yourself to making things different?
You've been invited.  If all that is going on is complaining ---that's just
another part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Have an opinion?  Sound off.

Hank