<VV> adjusting valves

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Nov 2 20:00:12 EST 2008

A little math is in order.  The threads on the rocker studs are
3/8-24, so each turn of the adjusting nut is 0.0417 inches.  Since
the slack take up is on the pushrod and valve tip at the same time,
the adjustment is 0.0833 inches each turn.  The the adjustment range
in most lifters is 0.180 to 0.200.   The engine grows about 0.006
inches for each 100 degrees Fahrenheit.  So now you can make an
informed decision as GM did.
Jim Davis