<VV> Rochester Idle Circuit Inconsistencies

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 3 19:16:35 EST 2008

I've dealt with this problem .
I've always thought this was something blocking the idle circuit, be it
dirt, rust, or even water. Apparently the surface tension of water is higher
than gas and can't easily be sucked through the small passages in the idle
circuit.
Methyl Hydrate in the gas tank will help if it's water.
Take the top off the carbs to see if there's crap on the bottom of the float
bowls. Water pools on the bottom. Add a filter if there's dirt or rust.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun