<VV> Info needed for setting up a Fun Car Rally (no Corvair)

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 4 20:12:41 EST 2008

After telling my 35 year old son, about the fun we used to have with TSD
rallies and just general fun rallies, he decided that he would like to try
that next year with his VW group.  He has put together a fall VW Skyline
Drive Cruise the last two years and this year he even got sponsorship from
VW of America.

He thought a fun or gimmick rally would be something different to do next
year.  I have never set up a rally and it's probably been 35 years since I
last ran one.  The sports car club I belonged to got more into autocrossing
after the gas crisis in the 70's.  So I can only remember so much about
these rallies we were in, probably because they ended in a bar most of the
times.

I've searched the internet and I can't believe there is nothing of any
substance on how to put on a fun rally.  I realize that it depends on the
course your going to use and using vague hints that people can get lost, if
they don't get it correct, but I could use some ideas, especially with the
hints, from those of you who either participated or planned a rally, so I
can help him out with this.

Thanks!!

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP