<VV> Early drums from Z car

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 6 01:58:05 EST 2008

...but Zcars used drums on the rear and discs up front where most of the
stopping power is reqiured. Our cars require more stopping power in the
rear, so the zcar rear drums may not be up to the requirements of a Corvair
rear brake.
Early rear brakes wear out about 3x faster than fronts, so I know they're
taxed more. How would those aluminum drums work on the front of a Zcar?
That said, they can't be any worse than the stock Corvair rear drums can
they? Those are borderline adequate, according to about 25 years worth of
spirited Corvair driving in a hilly province.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun

-