<VV> Car Rally terms

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 01:54:50 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/5/2008 3:43:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rbuckridge at comcast.net writes:

Dead Ned  was what they used for a Dead End sign, as in turn right after
seeing Dead  Ned. A complex math problem was easily solved if you read all the way
to the  end of the problem and saw that you multiplied by 2, was your last
computation. If the answer was an even number, turn right or turn left if your
answer was odd.

But the one I still remember today is, "Twinkle twinkle  little car, keep
your wheels upon the tar, when you see the general store,  turn that way on CR
4." The general store we passed was on the left, so your  next turn was left
onto county road 4.

On a rally I wrote, I defined what constituted a "valid" checkpoint, the
Correct sign, etc., cautioning everyone to enter only a valid  Checkpoint. Then,
at a point along the route, each car pulled up  in front of the correct sign,
now sitting in a wheelchair. That,  of course, made the Checkpoint an
"Invalid". And they shouldn't have entered an  "Invalid Checkpoint".  Heh Heh. -  Seth

Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)