<VV> Non-Corvair Question / 1994 Thunderbird TCC solenoid replacement?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Nov 9 00:04:58 EST 2008

Hey guys,
My aunt has a 94 T-bird that has just started slipping in first gear (it's
an automatic tranny)... she took it to a local place for free diagnostics and
they said it was reading as a bad TCC solenoid.... and they could fix it for
$500... how involved is this job? Is this something that just bolts up to the
tranny, or is it inside the valve body or something major like that?
Thanks for any and all help.... I'm just trying to help my Dad's little
sister out.... her husband isn't physically able to do anything like that, and
they are in a bit of a bind.
Sorry for taking up precious Corvair space... which I've been driving to
school (the 64 700) recently now that gas is almost affordable.
Later,
Lonzo
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)