<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 46, Issue 20

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 9 07:34:54 EST 2008

One rally I went on had the direction, turn left past "Tornado Zone".
When I arrived at that location, I noticed cars driving back and forth as if
they were lost.
I on the other hand, made an immediate left just past the trailer park and
continued on..............

Awhile ago, I was on a Rally put on by Corsa Ontario.
What are the odds of a another classic car club having a rally with a
checkpoint close by a Corvair checkpoint on the same day? Sure enough, I
turned at the checkpoint sign, but was suprised to find no Corvairs there
but a few vintage cars..........

On that same rally. At the beginning of the route instructions, we were told
"Begin section 2 immediately after the checkpoint". But sure enough, there
were several dirrections left in section one which I followed (along with
several others) that led us several miles away, looking for the final turn
on "Balderdash Road". After almost an hour of searching, we figured it out,
went back to the now closed checkpoint, and started section 2 directions. As
it turned out, we were almost an hour late finishing the rally, and the
awards dinner had started. Luckily it was not a timed rally, but more of a
gimmick rally, and our completion, although late, kept us in the running for
the coveted Trillium Award that was awarded to the highest scorer in
Rally/Autocross/Concours, which we won that year.

Gary Swiatowy