<VV> Lest Us Not Forget.

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Nov 11 10:45:19 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/11/2008 1:15:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jdavethomson at shaw.ca writes:

So who  today in the United States knows
about the stoic and selfless friendship  its northern neighbour has given it
in  Afghanistan?

Well I do.  I served with them in Europe and, expecially, when the  Russians
invaded Czechoslovakia in '68.  I also remember the contributions  of the
Belgians, the British, the Dutch, and the (West) Germans.  We need  all the
friends we can get in this world even if we don't all agree all the  time--I still
don't understand parts of Metro New York and Florida, but they are  still
Americans.

I wish all those who have served and who are serving in the Armed Forces
(and Merchant Marine and Coast Guard)--including Canadians on Remembrance
Day--the very best.  Especially those who served in the unsung conflicts of  the
cold war and, most especially, the Korean "Police Action."

Bob Hall
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)