<VV> adjusting valves - I want to believe! (one noisy one)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Nov 12 11:27:08 EST 2008

Thanks for the tips Mike.  You may well be correct - I had the
driver's side head rebuilt after I found bad valve guides.  That side
had been clearly overheated, the passenger side looked ok but I'd
already buttoned up that side when I found the problem on the
driver's side.  I'll check the items you mention before I adjust the
valves again.  One note - the 1/2 turn is cold static adjustment, not
hot and running.

On another project, I weighed the various drums I have for the wagon
today at the post office:

Stock '62 rear drum (iron, no fins) - 8 lbs 14 oz
Stock '64 rear drum (finned iron) - 13 lbs 2 oz
240Z rear drum (finned aluminum) - 6 lbs 10 oz

--Bryan