<VV> EM/van lower ducts '61

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 08:31:19 EST 2008

Bob Hall astutely commented: "... The LM lower shroud is preferred  because
the middle location of the bellows is supposed to prolong its life,  and from
my  experience the LM bellows location does work  better..."

Above all true... And, in practice,  I've found the LM located bellows seems
to open a little quicker when used on  the passenger side: even through
several bellows replacements, the passenger  side on wife's van was very slow to
open (compared to the driver's side);  now, retaining an EM style on the driver's
side, and using a LM style on  the passenger's side, both open and close more
equally. Has anyone else noticed  the propensity--on any 61-69 Corvair--for
the right hand damper door to trail in  opening to the left side? I suspect it
may have something to do with unequal air  flow.

Mike Mauro

**************Get movies delivered to your mailbox. One month free from
blockbuster.com
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212639737x1200784900/aol?redir=https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/y/reg/p.26978/r.email_footer)