<VV> GenFan Light goes on...but...

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Nov 14 07:47:44 EST 2008

In your case the system is functioning and will probably continue
to do so even if nothing is done.

The GEN/FAN light is supplied with 12V current from the ignition
switch which goes to ground in the generator / alternator.  When the
generator starts producing current it sends it back through the same
wire.  It opposing forces cancel each other and the light goes out or
becomes so dim it looks like it is out.

The current to the GEN light has found a new ground or the ignition
switch has stopped sending current to the light and is now providing
a ground in the run position.  Finding which and where can be a real
trick.  Because you used the term 'Delcotron' I am assuming you
have an alternator.  I would look there first.
Ken P