<VV> 62-63 Carbs - Std & High Performance - Differences??

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 10:18:56 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/17/2008 7:02:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
alphaenvirmgt at ctc.net writes:

Looking  through one of my Corvair reference books, I see listings for
"Standard" and  for "High Performance" carbs for 62-63. What are the differences? Is
one for  80 or 95 hp and the other for the 110 hp? If so, what would be
different? Jet  size, accelerator pump size, or?

I'm not talking about the turbo  carb.

Conrad Carter

Conrad -  I can't tell you the specific differences between those two  carbs,
but here are several areas where there could be differences. The 62-63  are
pre-"high speed enrichment" carbs, so there is no difference there. The  main
jetting would be different, and perhaps, the internal bleeds and  drilled feed
holes for the idle circuit. The accelerator pumps themselves are  identical,
although the carb body might be drilled to a different size where the  fuel
ejects into the throat. In 62, the "High Performance" motor was 102  HP.  - Seth
Emerson