<VV> Pan gasket

Ebarr19 at aol.com Ebarr19 at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 12:18:09 EST 2008

Hi all
  I have a problem with a leaking oil pan gasket. Its an aluminum " Otto" pan
and I have three different gaskets - Cork,black rubber and a Green
Klinger-sil, I would guess the cork is not the one to use but which of the other two are
best or is it none of these and some other kind?
  While I'm asking questions, this is my autocross car the "Geezer" and at
High RPM's it will push oil out the dipstick tube, so I catch it with a hose and
bottle. This oil is light brown and looks very muddy ? the engine oil is
still clean and transparent. I was told to cut off the bottom of the dipstick tube
which I will do when changing the pan gasket. Also that muddy oil does not
settle out, after a week its still muddy top to bottom. I'm using Amsoil.
Anything to worry about ?? Thanks
 Gene Barr
63 leaking Autocross car
CORSA