<VV> [FC] Rear Window

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Nov 17 15:31:21 EST 2008

I'm not positive, but I've not looked at my rampy closely, stuck in the house today with the flu----anyone else offer an opinion?

Hank
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RoboMan91324 at aol.com
  To: corvanatics at corvair.org ; kaczmarek at charter.net ; virtualvairs at corvair.org
  Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 3:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [FC] Rear Window

  Hank,

  Are you sure that Rampside rear windows didn't come with gaskets including locking strips?  In the process of stripping a Rampside of its good parts, I pulled the rear window and it included a gasket with locking strip.  The locking strip was quite brittle from age and sun damage and came out in pieces.  I just checked my '62 Rampside and it has the locking strip as well.  Perhaps, both windows had been replaced over the years but that seems to be too much of a coincidence.

  Doc

    )