<VV> Mechanical insight - No Corvair

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 16:14:36 EST 2008

If anyone out there has ever removed a V6 engine from a GM minivan of the 2000+ Chevy Venture or Pontiac Montana vintage, please drop me a note. I have already replaced the lower intake manifold gaskets (about 14 hours and required removing everthing down past the rockers) and now have to go back in and replace the head gaskets and possibly a head. With the limited work space (with the sidewinder front engine design) I am thinking it might be quicker, better, faster to pull the drive train this time rather than working blind on the firewall side of it. Thanks,
Grant