<VV> [FC] Rear Window

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 17:34:18 EST 2008

When you have an "H" shaped gasket holding a pane of glass into a sheet
metal hole, you NEED a locking bead on one side, so that without the bead
in place, that side can be the one that has enough "space" in the gasket to
roll the assembly into the hole. Does that not make sense?

-Mark

house today with the flu----anyone else offer an opinion?

> Hank

including locking strips?  In the process of stripping a Rampside of its
good parts, I pulled the rear window and it included a gasket with locking
strip.  The locking strip was quite brittle from age and sun damage and
came out in pieces.  I just checked my '62 Rampside and it has the locking
strip as well.  Perhaps, both windows had been replaced over the years but
that seems to be too much of a coincidence.