<VV> Why "NO" Park ? ?

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 23:34:26 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/17/2008 8:30:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

Did Plymouth Valiant or Ford Falcon have "Park" ?

I think it was  probably because an economy car wasn't worth running a 12
foot "Park"  linkage to the trans, since that would have been much more
than it cost on  the other, front engine economy cars, right ?

AFAIR  YES! those 2 did!

 Park is internal!! no extra linkage....

If anyone knows of any COMMON / Mass Produced car of the 60's that had  a
separate links external to the trans...  speak up!!

  And NO  PowerFlites [2sp] / Torqueflites [3 sp]  with  pushbuttons / cables

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.