<VV> FW: Why "NO" Park? "Tempest angle"

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Nov 18 12:13:50 EST 2008

Was the Tempest PG that had a park mechanism rear mounted ?

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Jim Briggs
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:37 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> FW: Why "NO" Park? "Tempest angle"

From: jim_a_b3 at hotmail.comTo: hallgrenn at aol.comSubject: Why "NO" Park?
"Tempest angle"Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 05:30:45 -0800

Actually, for those of you who might be interested, the Tempest PG DID!
have a park mechanisim. The lever was positioned on the front of the
mini-console between the front seats and the tranny mechanism was
located on the passenger side of the tranny and operated with a separate
cable which was very similar to the shifter cable.  Also of note was
that the Pontiac PG could be had with several final drive ratios UNDER
3.08. The losest, I believe was a 2.56 to one that could be had with the
326 V8. Unfortunatly for us Vair fans, the Poncho ring gears have an
8-bolt pattern.Jim Briggs  >>I don't think the '61-'63 Powerglide
equiped Tempest had park either  >

Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.
are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org