<VV> FW: Why "NO" Park? "Tempest angle"

Jim Briggs jim_a_b3 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 08:37:00 EST 2008

From: jim_a_b3 at hotmail.comTo: hallgrenn at aol.comSubject: Why "NO" Park? "Tempest angle"Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 05:30:45 -0800

Actually, for those of you who might be interested, the Tempest PG DID! have a park mechanisim. The lever was positioned on the front of the mini-console between the front seats and the tranny mechanism was located on the passenger side of the tranny and operated with a separate cable which was very similar to the shifter cable.  Also of note was that the Pontiac PG could be had with several final drive ratios UNDER 3.08. The losest, I believe was a 2.56 to one that could be had with the 326 V8. Unfortunatly for us Vair fans, the Poncho ring gears have an 8-bolt pattern.Jim Briggs  >>I don't think the '61-'63 Powerglide equiped Tempest had park either  >

Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.