<VV> Why "NO" Park ? ?

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Mon Nov 17 23:44:04 EST 2008

Yes, the actual "Park" pin is internal, it's getting up front to the
driver.

The "external" part is hooking it up to the steering column, or the dash
for the Corvair.

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of PatioMatt at aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 8:34 PM
To: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Why "NO" Park ? ?

In a message dated 11/17/2008 8:30:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

Did Plymouth Valiant or Ford Falcon have "Park" ?

I think it was  probably because an economy car wasn't worth running a
12
foot "Park"  linkage to the trans, since that would have been much more
than it cost on  the other, front engine economy cars, right ?

AFAIR  YES! those 2 did!

 Park is internal!! no extra linkage....

If anyone knows of any COMMON / Mass Produced car of the 60's that had
separate links external to the trans...  speak up!!

  And NO  PowerFlites [2sp] / Torqueflites [3 sp]  with  pushbuttons /
cables

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.

**************Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news
&
more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?
redir=htt