<VV> 4spd shifting

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 17:04:30 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/18/2008 4:51:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

Did the  66 4-speed bridge that gap ?

I never had a problem with the early or late 4spd shifting--not as precise
as having the shifter on the tunnel in a front engined car, but not sloppy if
all the bushings and linkage were tight.  Certainly better than Fiats  850's I
have driven and all front wheel drive manuals.  I prefer the '66  and later
transmissions even though they shift with a little more effort (larger  gears
?) than the earlier trannys.  And a friend who had a Porsche  Speedster loved
2nd gear in my '68 Monza 4spd--from 5 mph to 45 in no  time.  Great around town.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair