<VV> Combustion efficiency & exhaust emissions

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Tue Nov 18 17:13:12 EST 2008

   Here, in Guadalajara, Mexico, the maximum exhaust emissions allowed for my vairs are: HC - 300 ppm and CO - 3.00 %, verified once a year for cars and twice a year for pickups (Rampside). Next year will be twice a year for all pre 1993 vehicles without allowing driving them on peak hours.
   Is there a way to modify Corvair engines to make them meet say, 1994 or newer, emissions tests ?... I've been driving Corvairs most of the time since 1968 and wouldn't like to change my driving habits. Don't like driving other cars but Vairs only !!

Thanks in advance for any tip

Daniel Monasterio