<VV> 2 answers to why?

The Reinharts jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Mon Nov 24 07:00:52 EST 2008

Tim, Why do you switch to a late style bell housing and rear cover assembly
when changing your early engine to late guts? I thought the bell housings
were the same accept for a small recess for the cam in an early bell
housing. And I thought the rear covers were all the same. Am I wrong? I am
thinking about doing this for my loadside engine because the truck came with
a freshly ground late crank, .010 over cyl. and pistons, new cam gear, and
new lifters. All I have to purchase is a new  late model camshaft. Thanks

Jamie