<VV> 2 answers to why?

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 06:13:16 EST 2008

my 2 answers to why go to the "trouble" of hogging out a 145 block to take
164cu in stuff are  it looks stock when done , it is a better job that  putting
the oil fill hole in a 164 block.either job take about the same time and
effort . it does not require any special tools. both are not that hard to  do. i
should not have to explain it much to knowing FC guys or those with a  little
savy in corvairs.  i  use late ends(bell housing and rear cover  assembly)  on
the block , along with all late engine guts. if i also change  to alternator
, i use a 1 inch soft plug in the oil fill pipe hole.i have done  all of this
several times over the years , and they look good and run  good.
several pictures of some of my past engines are on the web somewhere.   enjoy.
regards , hoping for a snow melt , tim colson