<VV> LM Front Intake Air for A/C Condenser

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 16:38:13 EST 2008

Jack,
     Why not check out "How to Air Condition Any Corvair"?  This book is available from Clark's Corvair Parts and gives details on adding A/C to Corvairs using after-market parts instead of original stock Corvair parts.
     Frank "in July & August, cooler is better" Burkhard

In a message dated 11/24/08 09:21:12 Eastern Standard Time, BobHelt writes:
In a message dated 11/24/08 5:04:49 AM Pacific Standard Time, jco99 at cox.net
writes:

> Is there a better way to get fresh air into the trunk?
> I plan to exhaust the condenser air out the bottom of the trunk with a
> puller fan. Is there a better way to do that?
> Does anybody know where I could find some pictures of trunk condenser
> installations?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Jack,
Sorry that I don't have more definitive information for you but here a couple
suggestions.

First, Rusty Rose used to have a web page that contained some test results of
various airflow experiments. I just tried that url but it said the site was
shut down. Since Clark's bought out all of Rusty's stuff they should still have
his tests and results somewhere on their site. At least Clark's should have
the BEST suggestions on what to do.

You might also contact Steve Goodman directly on how he makes his A/C
installations. He is a great guy, willing to help. He is not on VV so you will have
to contact him directly. He has been doing Corvair work for many many years and
should know if anyone does.
rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net

Tell them the year of your Corvair tho since it makes a difference. eg, that
louver Harry mentioned is only on certain year Corvairs as I remember.

There is at least one front mount condenser with pix in the Corsa Tech Guide.
Take a look of some examples. If you don't have the tech guide, I'll loan you
mine.

Regards

Bob Helt