<VV> carburetor problem

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 16:53:06 EST 2008

Stacey, Welcome to the group. My guess is not flooding but starving. Chances are the accelerator pumps are shot. You can tell by taking the air cleaners off and with the engine NOT running, activate the carbs.

 Looking straight down the carb, you should see a strong squirt of fuel to compensate for the quick stab of the throttle. The cure is a simple rebuild of the carbs. You can get kits from several Corvair vendors. A '65 maint book is necessary and worth every cent.

 Some one else want to kick in with more info??

Where do you live? Help may be close.
 MIKE KOVACS