<VV> Leak from Base of FC Oil Fill Tube

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 10:36:32 EST 2008

I've noticed a leak source with the wife's Greenbrier where the oil  fill
tube enters the engine block. It's not a huge leak, but annoying enough to  want
to fix (so I won't have to listen to the wife say, every other  day: " I guess
we're never going to have an oil-free driveway."    The assembly manual
clearly shows an o-ring for the base of the tube (GM PN:  3777504), and Clark's
lists a viton replacement. I cannot remember what o-ring I  used when rebuilding
years ago; but, apparently, whatever I used has given up.  Having identified
the issue, can the tube be removed and reinstalled with the  engine in the
vehicle? If so, can someone who has performed  this operation please advise best
method.

Thank you,
Mike Mauro
64, 110, PG, Greenbrier Deluxe