<VV> Oil pump suction tube

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 13:45:49 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/26/2008 9:25:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
chartzel at comcast.net writes:

How  do
you guys remove or install the tube?  I'm not too concerned  about
removing the stock one as it will probably go in the trash but I  don't
want to dent or bend the Otto pickup trying to pound it in.  I  suppose
heating the block or freezing the tube would help on the  install
process.
Thanks, Clark Hartzel

Removal of the stock tube is usually pretty easy. Just grab the pickup -
after removing the bolt/clamp - and wrestle it back and forth - rotationally -
and it will slip out. I use a little bit of Permatex #2 to seal around the  OD
of the Otto pick up and just tap it (Rubber mallet is best) into  place until
the mounting bolt hole lines up on the case. I thing  the Permatex acts as a
lubricant during installation, then sets up as a sealer.  I would not use
anti-seize at this location. -  Seth
AOL.com.