<VV> Brake adjustment question + more questions

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 13:50:28 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/26/2008 9:51:09 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net writes:

I am  trying to help out a friend who recently paid someone for a "complete"
brake  job on his 1966 Corsa convertible (single master cylinder). The
situation we  have is a hard brake pedal (very little travel) and a left front wheel
that  likes to lock up (screeeeechhhh!) when the brakes are strongly applied.
I am  assuming this might just be an adjustment issue, but wanted to get some
input  before pulling all the wheels and hunting for a problem caused by some
turkey  on Thanksgiving eve :-). (There appears to be a slight loss of fluid
from the  master cylinder - about 3/8" in the last month or so of limited
driving time),  but no apparent leak spots on the wheels or floor or drums).
Thanks for  some long distance trouble-shooting advise,
Grant  (non-Brakemeister)

Grant - What was the symptom that led him to replace the brakes? Did he
replace the rubber brake hoses as part of the job? Is it a new master cylinder?  -
Rebuilt? the same one as before? All new wheel cylinders? New Springs at the
shoes? It depends a bit on the definition of a "complete" brake job? - Seth
Emerson
AOL.com.