<VV> Tires

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Oct 1 14:05:27 EDT 2008

On Oct 1, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Robert Henry wrote:

> My Corsa is badly in need of tires. I've called numerous tires
> stores and
> they don't have anything that will fit. Most of the tire
> manufacturer web
> sites don't even list 13 inch tires.
>
> So Clark's is now offering new P185/R80-13 radial tires (C12601).
> They say
> they can't guarantee which brand, but the picture on their web site
> shows
> "Hankook" name on the sidewall. Can an American Corvair be happy
> with Korean
> tires? Well, happier than with 20 year-old, irregularly worn P205/
> R70-13s
> that aren't made anymore.
>
> Comments? Even better would be comments from someone who has bought
> tires
> recently. I realize it's another option, but I'm hoping to avoid
> changing
> the wheels for now.

One more thing, when you shop for tires, be SURE you're getting
passenger car tires. I think Larry Claypool mentioned this in his
recent Communique article. 185/80-13 is a size sometimes used on
trailers. If you search for 185/80-13's you'll find some that are
trailer tires.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer & Membership Chairman