<VV> Tire options

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 15:25:30 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/1/2008 11:44:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
wrokit at hotmail.com writes:

if you  can put up with reduced ground clearance and
your speedometer being off,  175/70-13 tires are AWESOME!!
they are as common as opinions and buttons.  both my spyders
have that tire size now, and it makes an enormous  difference
in handling- so much that i would never consider going  back
to a stock corvair tire size.
kevin nash

Actually - If don't mind a slightly shorter tire, the 185/70-13 is a bit
bigger than the 175/70-13 and may have higher load capacity as well. It  fits
fine on a 5.5" wide wheel and are still easily available. The Clarks tire  seems
like a good fit and close to the right height. Shipping of tires is not
inexpensive, though. Keep it in mind. If you will actually be driving on them,  get
good tires. Life is too short as is.  - Seth (Currently trying to float  a
loan to buy 19" rear tires for my Corvette)