<VV> I'm getting closer ! / Enine won't start when cold

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Oct 3 00:46:14 EDT 2008

OK, I deserve that, and I thought it was almost too dumb to ask, but
decided to ask anyway.

It's probably in the manual, but I wasn't able to find a definitive
answer.

Since it hasn't run at all in so-o-o-o long, I can't remember what it
used to do.

I can't even compare it to my "new" (5 year old) car.

Add that to the fact the (new) battery does not give me a lot of time to
test before I have to drag out the charger again, and w-a-i-t again ...

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of PatioMatt at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:36 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> I'm getting closer ! / Enine won't start when cold

In a message dated 10/2/2008 9:00:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

The engines tries to fire, but won't catch.

Question  :

Should the choke butterflies be open or closed during a cold start  ?
More air, or less air ?

You're kidding right??

The Choke rods stand up when cold...  that pushes the chokes  CLOSED!
when
cold....

Matt...  born in a Briggs & Stratten  Hospitol

challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information,
tips and