<VV> Drive your Corvair - Underdog?

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 12:41:26 EDT 2008

Joe wrote:
"I had DaVair at a good size county fair this summer , parked next to  a
real
68 302  Z/28 . He was a typical big dollar car owner looking down at the
pitiful Corvair. It had to piss him off when 3 out of 4 people that walked
by stopped to check out the Vert and talk to me and passed by his high
dollar machine.
Fun being the Underdog sometimes. Have last show of the season Saturday,
will enjoy hearing the usual misinformation and how they used to have a
Spyder just like mine, even though it's a 65 . The A/C  blows them away,
glad I get warned about the motor is going to fall out, blow up, Nader is on
his way there to arrest me etc. I like all the banter, spices things up.
It's a pleasure to drive a Corvair that is running correctly, mine is
driving and running great, many thanks to Jim Allen of PCCA for resurrecting
my waif of a car."

Craig adds:
I took my twilight turquoise '62 Monza wagon to the Monterey historics many
years ago. The featured marquee that year was Ferrari. Jan and I pulled into
a restaurant parking lot that was filled with about 25 Ferraris. When we
pulled in, the '62 was like a giant magnet; the entire population of Ferrari
folks lolling about in the lot was on the Corvair in seconds. It was a
moment to remember and everyone was complimentary.  Felt pretty good!
Craig Nicol