<VV> Battery Fire

Mark Clarke mwclarke01 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:20:54 EDT 2008

TO JR, Charlie and 2 members in my local club,

Thanks for your thoughts on what may have caused my battery fire yesterday
afternoon.  Earlier this morning, I went to O'Reilly and bought a new
battery (they declined to take my charred out old one).  The new battery
tested out at 14.25 volts so I am hoping that everything is fine.  I feel
fortunate that I had no damage to either property or person.  I am
speculating that the hold down spring that was located BETWEEN the 2
terminals must have arced and started the fire.  I haven't replaced the hold
down, but I really don't think the battery is going anywhere unless I decide
to take it to the race track (which is highly unlikely).

Regards,

Mark Clarke
'63 Monza Convertible, 84 hp, pg