<VV> For Sale '69 Monza with 10K Miles

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Tue Oct 7 16:42:02 EDT 2008

Last week I helped a lady in Wisconsin get the trunk open on their '69
Monza.  Bonnie wants to sell the car, so I looked it over and took some
pictures.  The lady's name is Bonnie Bassett, her email is
bonnie at tds.net and her phone is 608-685-3710.  Bonnie lives in Alma, WI
and the car is stored in Pepin, WI.

Pictures can be seen at
http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,165339 or you can email
Bonnie or me.

The car is a one-owner 110hp Powerglide with 10K actual miles.  It's
very original and very straight.  However, as you'll see from the
pictures, it has some defects from not being stored in a friendly
environment.  The VIN is 105379W705697 and the body tag is:
  ST 69 10537       WRN 381630 BDY
  TR 707 59 59 PNT
  05A G

The body is straight with nothing more than a few minor door dings.
There are no signs of body work.  The lower seams in the doors show no
sign of swelling.  The lower rear fender bottoms have no rust, no rust
in lower front fenders, and no rust around wheels wells.  The rockers
are solid.

The undercarriage is very clean with virtually no rust, including
surface rust.  It appears that the car was rustproofed by the dealer
with a WaxOyl type product.  The bright trim is in very good condition
and the only ding is in the cove trim along the engine compartment lid.
Even the wheel surrounds are ding-free.  The bumpers are good and are
ding and dent-free.  Glass is all good..  Doors open and close solidly.

The engine runs, but I didn't drive the car.  The AIR smog equipment is
there and intact.  A picture of the engine compartment is attached.  The
push rod tubes need to be resealed and the right side thermostat bellows
is bad.

There is rust on both corners of the windshield and along the dash next
to the windshield.  It doesn't appear to be bad enough to require
replacement of the outside panel.    There is rust in the lower section
of the A pillar on the driver's side.  I didn't probe it, but it appears
to be through and not just on the surface.

The interior is virtually like new although the steering wheel appears
to have flaking paint, or perhaps it's just dirt (my '69 had blue paint
over a green wheel).  The exterior paint is in rough shape (appears to
be the result of being stored with a non-breathable cover.

Bottom line is that this is a very original car in need of some TLC and
new paint.  I have additional pictures for anyone interested.  I'd also
be willing to take more pictures or do additional evaluation for anyone
who is seriously interested (the car is about an hour from me).

Contact Bonnie (see first post for contact info) for price.

Dave Keillor