<VV> Car Show stoppers, was Drive your Corvair Day, missed the day but caught the week end!

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 18:33:39 EDT 2008

Last weekend at the rt66 festival in springfield, IL,  5 (or was it 6?)
Indianapolis Corvairs showed up to do the 5 mile long cruise to downtown,
plus the nice V8 Vair from Wood River.   I joined the fun in the only early
model.   I drove the early becuase it was a PG -- the cruise was just a tad
faster than parade speed -- hard on one's clutch foot.

Over 1,000 cars that night,  the early Corviar Convertible caught the eye of
many of the lady attendees.   It helped being parked amidst all the late
models.  The earlies sure do appeal to the ladies,  it seems. the early
convertibles are sooo "cute"   GGGG

btw:  Mike Meyers v8 powered late model coupe won 2 awards at the
show.....best Chevy 62 and newer and the Wally Troy award.  Congrats  Mike.

tim mahler