<VV> Sunday Car show

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Mon Oct 6 22:22:41 EDT 2008

Yesterday, I drove about 80 miles one way to go to the church/school that my
Mom taught at for 30 years. They were having a carnival and car show. It was
a very typical Catholic Church carnival; Booths & LOTS of food. There were
about 20 cars & trucks there. Mine was the only Corvair. I was parked on the
end of the first row right next to all the action. Mom introduced me to all
the people that she knows. I even met two generations of her students in
several families. Sister, Forgive me I don't remember her name, a sweet
little 80 something lady loved my Spyder. She sat in it, held the wheel and
went "Vroooom". I offered her a ride but she declined. There were several
people that said that they never knew that GM made a rear engine air cooled
car. Of course I heard all the typical misconceptions. I had a grand dime
and loved to see how much my Mom is loved by the people there. The girl that
put on the car show part said that it brought in many more people than they
ever had. By the way, I got the People's Choice plaque, my second car award.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder Vert

Westminster, CA